Among its super amazing historical, natural and cultural attractions, Fars province offers Regez strait as one of the most wonderful canyons in Iran.
Tang-e-Regez is the name of a canyonin Fasarood arealocated 25 kilometers off Darab city in south of Fars province. Regez meaning untouched and slippery is surrounded by high rims from both sides. Regez Canyon encompasses 64 waterfalls and over 100 ponds. 12 of these waterfalls range from 6 to 65 meters high. The rest can be jumped over. Depth of The waterfall ponds range from 6 to 20 meters.Listening to the sound of the spirit of Regez canyon nature, one can hear the tone of watersometimes storming androaring and sometimes calm and whimpering. The sun shines differently in diverse parts of the canyon. The sun stays more in some places and spends less time in others. Places like Negin Falls are extremely cold and some places the sun shines scorchingly. The beauty of the quintet gobletsand the clam overflow motion of water is indescribable. During its five kilometer stream, the saltatory spring water of Regezcreates thousands of unique and attractive natural sceneriesbefore it reaches the mountain base.
High rims surroundthe canyon form both sides. The valley of Regez extends 4 kilometers north to east from Regez headspring to the south valley. Only 12 waterfalls and ponds are attended by visitors and climbers. Getting to the last waterfall with a height of 35 metersin thesouth valley it comes to a dead end. The headspring area of Regez is also reachable from another path in a beautiful forest which is the headspring of Regez water. Reaching this area takes 3 hours of mountain climbing.The Regez water which begins in this area creates natural waterfalls and ponds extending to the south valley and returns to earth in the last ponds. Visiting many waterfalls and ponds is possible without technical gears and ultimately ends at a 23 meter high waterfall. In the middle area of headspring and the south valley many beautiful waterfalls and ponds are located thatare only reachable with technical gears.
Waterfalls of this canyon consist of:
• Negin falls witha height of 16m pouring in the 8m deep waterof a 41m wide pond
• Boomrnag falls with a height of 7m pouring in the 8m deep water of a 31m wide pond
• Masood falls with a height of 8m pouring in the 7m deep water of a 12m wide pond
• Golab falls with a height of 11m pouring in the 7m water of a 12m wide pond
• Fatth falls with a height of 8m pouring in the 5.1m water of a 6m wide pond
• Hekmat falls with a height of 11m pouring in the 15m deep water of a 32m wide pond
• Kabotar falls with a 25m height pouring in the 20m deep water of a 6m wide pond
• Jamm falls with a height of 9m pouring in the 6m deep water of a 36m wide pond
• Damaghe (Faraz) falls with a 12m height pouring in the 2m deep water of a 4m wide pond
• Azarakhsh falls with a height of 65m pouring in the 6m deep water of a 11m wide pond
• Yadegar falls with a height of 4m pouring in the 8m deep water of a 11m wide pond
• Vedae falls with a height of 46m pouring in the 10m deep water of a 7m wide pond